The sources presented below were used as part of the contextual research of this archive. The academic sources shaped the understanding of the urbicide in Beirut, while the remaining sources: archival, artistic and miscellaneous helped in the visualisation and verification of demolitions and the resultant political holes.
The sources are a selection of an ongoing collection of references and is not to be regarded as a comprehensive one.
- Al- Asad, Mohammad , Majd Musa, and Robert Saliba. "Deconstructing Beirut's Reconstruction: 1990 - 2000, Coming to Terms with the Colonial Heritage."
- Cooke, Miriam. "Beirut Reborn: The Political Aesthetics of Auto-Destruction." The Yale Journal of Criticism 15, no. 2. (2002): 393-424. Accessed January 15, 2019.
- Ghandour, Marwan, and Mona Fawaz. "Spatial Erasure: Reconstruction Projects in Beirut." Architecture Publications (Spring 2010). Accessed January 10, 2019.
- Khalaf, Samir , and Philip S. Khoury. Recovering Beirut: Urban Design and Post-War Reconstruction. Leiden; New York: Brill, 1993.
- Makdisi, Saree. "Laying Claim to Beirut: Urban Narrative and Spatial Identity in the Age of Solidere." Critical Inquiry 23, no. 3 (1997): 660-705.
- Saghieh, Khaled. "1990s Beirut: Al-Mulhaq, Memory and the Defeat." e-flux journal, no. #97 (2019). .
- Salam, Assem. L’amar Wa’l Maslaha L’amma Fi L’amara Wa’l Madina [Reconstruction and the Public Interest in Architecture and the City]. Beirut: Dar Aljadid, 1996.
- Sawalha, Aseel. "The Reconstruction of Beirut: Local Responses to Globalization." City & Society 10, no. 1. (1998): 133-47. Accessed January 6, 2019.
- Schmid, Heiko. "Privatized Urbanity or a Politicized Society? Reconstruction in Beirut after the Civil War." European Planning Studies 14, no. 3. (2006): 365-81. Accessed December 18, 2018.
Salam, Assem. L’amar Wa’l Maslaha L’amma Fi L’amara Wa’l Madina [Reconstruction and the Public Interest in Architecture and the City]. Beirut: Dar Aljadid, 1996.
Associated Press Archive. "Controlled explosion brings down Hilton Hotel. "(14/07/2002). YouTube Video, 02.17.
Associated Press Archive. "Lebanon – Foundation Laid to Beirut’s Rebuilding." (14/07/2002). YouTube Video, 02.17.
Douglas, Jehl. "Wrecked by Years of Civil War Beirut Is Rising from the Ashes." New York Times, (New York, N.Y.), December 23, 1995.
- El Haber, Simon. Re-Destruction | Iaadat tadmir, 2021. 42:00.
- Hojeij, Bahij. Beyrouth, Le Dialogue Des Ruines, 1993. France: Rail Productions (Baal Films). Vimeo Video, 52:00 .
- Salhab, Ghassan. Terra incognita, 2002. 120:00.
- Saab, Jocelyne. Once upon a time in Beirut, 1994. Lebanon: Aleph Productions. 01:41:00.
- El-Khoury, Fouad. Traces of war, 1994-1997.
- El-Khoury, Fouad. Beirut City Centre, 1991.
- Solidere. The Chronicle. Lebanon, 2012. .
- Watchi, Jean-Pierre. Atlal 95. 2nd Edition ed. Beirut: Plan BEY, 2018.
Boustany, Georges. Amine Gemayel and the reconstruction after the Israeli invasion, Dec. 1982. YouTube Video, 50:18.